The provisional quote issued is valid for 28 days from the date issued and is subject to availability, as well as our Terms and Conditions attached below and our free site survey. Deposit of 25% of total bill requested for booking the date and marquee, final payment due 14 days prior to event erection date.
The following conditions apply to the hire of any item including marquees, event management and any other piece of equipment or management supplied by us, Central-Structures Ltd to you, the Client. In these conditions, the word ‘equipment’ includes any item hired by us to you and any management or staff instigated by us for the proposed event.
The terms of these conditions can only be altered with our written agreement. No condition contained in any booking form or other communication by you, which is inconsistent with any of these conditions, will be deemed to have been accepted unless we have agreed to your condition in writing.
Please note: – Structures Ltd. reserve the right to levy additional charges if extra work is incurred during; delivery, collection or during the hire.
The hirer will be responsible for all damage cause to or by the equipment and property of Central-Structures LTD. while on hire, including any personal injury however sustained.
Acceptance of Quotation:
No binding contract will exist until you have accepted our quotation in writing and paid a 25% deposit of the provisional quotation sent to you by Central-Structures. Furthermore, an invoice will be sent to yourself with the costs of the marquee hire and the 25% deposit due, a booking for your specified date will on be guaranteed once a deposit has been placed with ourselves, and you have confirmed to booking with ourselves in writing. Quotations remain valid for 28 days from the date stated on them provided that the equipment is still available.
Basis of Quotation:
All quotations are made subject to the following understandings:
· Hire charges do not include attendance by our employees for any purpose other than erecting and dismantling marquees.
· Hire charge quotes for furniture and other cater hire equipment do not include erecting, dismantling or placing. SEE APENDIX 1 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
· Period of hire means the period for which the equipment is required to be ready for use. We have the discretion to erect and dismantle the marquee hire prior to the date of your event and after the event date has past.
· Marquee erection and dismantling is time consuming and unpredictable, Central-Structures Ltd. must have full 24hour (or nearest to) access to the location of the marquee hire, prior and after the event date; solely for the erection and dismantling of the marquee and other equipment.
· The size and surface of the site are suitable for erection of equipment.
· You have informed us of any drains, pipes, cables, power lines, gas lines etc. or other obstacles which might affect the site. It should be noted that the pegs holding marquees may be driven up to one metre into the ground. You should note that you are responsible for repairing and making good any damage caused to the site by erection or dismantling of any equipment. The site must be cleared of all obstacles prior to delivery of the marquee. If we have to move any obstacles we will not be held liable for any damage as a result of this.
· You will be liable for any additional costs or charges of Central Structures Ltd. in the event that extra work or equipment outwith the terms of a quotation is required, or the equipment is required or used for any period outwith the period of hire.
A minimum deposit of 25% of the total hire invoice must be paid prior to ourselves acknowledging the booking. This should be paid through BACS transfer if this function is not available to you then a cheque must be sent to Central-Structures Ltd. (address stated on invoice.) When sending cheques please adjust time limits to include postage and time for cheque to be cleared within our account. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable by you 14 days prior to the event, a final invoice will be sent to yourself prior to the 14days to your event. If payment is not made on the due date, you shall be liable for interest on any amount outstanding at a rate of 2% per day.
Payment Method: Central Structures Ltd
|Sort Code: 83-21-05
|Account Number: 13980282
|Billing Address: 64-74 Abercorn Street, Paisley, PA3 4AS
In the event that you cancel the contract, any deposit that you have paid shall be forfeit. In addition, you will be liable to pay the following percentage of the hire charge quoted dependent on the period of notice given prior to date of commencement of the hire. The deposit shall be deducted from the percentage payable.
Period of Notice Percentage of the Total Hire Charge:
More than 90 days: 25% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater:
61 to 90 days: 45% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater.
31 to 60 days: 60% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater.
8 to 30 days: 75% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater.
Up to 7 days: 100% of total
We shall not be liable for delay or failure to complete any contracts as a result of:
· the site being unsuitable or access being unavailable on the date stated for delivery
· adverse wind or weather conditions
· loss or damage to equipment by fire or flood
· any industrial dispute, lock-out or strike
· any cause outwith our control
· grass sites which have not been cut
Non-availability of Equipment:
If for reasons beyond our control any item of equipment booked is not available for the period of hire, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative size of marquee or other equipment to meet, as near as possible, your requirements. If we do so you will not have any claim against us. In the event that we cannot substitute suitable alternative sizes of equipment we shall notify you of cancellation of the contract in which event any deposit or other monies paid by you will be refunded immediately, but otherwise no claim shall lie against us.
Delivery to Site:
You must have the site available and in a suitable condition for the erection of the equipment at the time stated for delivery. You should either be available personally or have a representative available at the site at the time stated for delivery to check equipment delivered and sign the appropriate Delivery Note. If you are not present and do not have a representative at the site at the time of delivery:
you will be deemed to have accepted delivery of the items specified in the Delivery Note
we will erect the marquee(s) in such a manner and location as we consider appropriate, provided that we shall follow in so far as possible any plan supplied by you. If you require us to move any marquee already erected for any reason which is not our fault, you will be liable for an additional charge.
All equipment hired remains at all times the sole property of Central Structures Ltd. You may not sub-hire or part with possession of the equipment and you may not allow any lien or encumbrance to be created over the equipment.
Care of Equipment:
· You must arrange insurance in your name for the hired equipment at least seven days prior to the delivery date of the equipment. SEE APPENDIX 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION
· You are responsible for and shall indemnify us against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
· You must ensure that all equipment is adequately heated when necessary so as to protect the equipment from frost, snow or ice damage, and you must ensure that the collection or building up of snow on any equipment is not allowed.
· Given the risk of damage to a marquee in windy conditions you must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all openings are firmly closed when not in use and are open only for the purposes of entering and leaving the marquee.
· All heating and cooking equipment must be placed a minimum of six feet from the marquee panels and must not be left unattended whilst in use. There must be no heating or cooking within the marquee other than by electrical appliances or purpose designed butane or propane gas appliances. Barbeque equipment or open fires used outside must be placed a minimum of fifteen feet from the marquee.
Limitation of Liability:
In the event that we fail to fulfil any terms of the hire contract our liability is limited to refund or cancellation of any hire charges. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) cost expenses or other claim for compensation whatsoever whether caused by the negligence of ourselves, our employees or agents or otherwise which arise out of or in connection with the hire of the equipment and our entire liability under and in connection with the hire contract shall not exceed the amount of hire charges. This condition shall not apply to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Insolvency of Customer etc.:
If you become insolvent or are made bankrupt or come to any arrangement or scheme with your creditors, or, if you are a company, you have a liquidator, receiver or administrator appointed or if you breach any of these conditions then we may cancel the hire contract immediately and remove any equipment delivered.
If extreme weather is forecast during the hire period Central-Structures Ltd. have the right to decline the erection (usually if gusts of over 70km per hour are forecast). This is for the safety of all concerned. Hirers will be liable for the full hire fee therefore must be aware of this possibility especially during the winter months.
Any equipment found damaged or missing during the hire period will be repaired or replaced at the hirer’s expense. Replacement / refill costs will be charged to the hirer for fuel used for generator hire, indirect heat supply and any other equipment hire that requires fuel. Use of furniture, crockery, glassware and cutlery etc.: A charge will be levied to the hirer for non-compliance in this instance. All furniture etc. will be counted in and out with any shortages charged to the hirer.
When the marquee has been erected and all exits or openings agreed, this should not be altered or tampered with in any way as this may render the structure unsafe. No items or objects should be stuck to, fixed or suspended from the marquee structure or walls. If tape or pins are used, a charge will be levied for cleaning any residue.
Flooring or Ground:
It is expected that if flooring is ordered the ground will be suitably flat to accommodate the type of floor used. The company cannot be held responsible for any uneven finish to the floor caused by pitting or bumps on the surface beneath.
Smoking in Enclosed Public Places:
Responsibility for complying with the Public No Smoking Law (The Smoking, Health and Social Care (Scotland) Act 2005) rests with the customer for the duration the marquee is erected. ‘No smoking’ signs which comply with the act must be placed at the discretion of the client.
The Hire Contract and conditions shall be construed according to the Law of Scotland, however if your address, as stated in our quotation, is in England or Wales, then the Law of England shall apply.
Central-Structures Ltd. offer a package to accommodate all types of cliental for the purpose of renting: furniture, glassware, linen, napkins, crockery and cutlery (known as collectively below as ‘added amenities’)
1. Central-Structures will place all added amenities will be placed inside the completed marquee. It is the hirer’s responsibility to arrange the layout of the added amenities. The hirer must ensure that added amenities are folded, boxed and returned to the delivery area and are stacked for collection following use. – NO additional cost.
2. Central-Structures will place tables, chairs and table cloths around the marquee as directed either by the client or in the best possible plan as thought by Central-Structures. Central- Structures after the event will clear the tables and chairs and return them, at no hassle to the client. – £30.00 extra cost.
3. Central-Structures will place tables, chairs and table cloths around the marquee as directed either by the client or in the best possible plan as thought by Central-Structures. Further, Central-Structures will enable a marquee-wedding planner of Central-Structures to decorate the marquee to the compliance of the client. This will include; cutlery, crockery and glassware lay out, napkins, center pieces, name cards and wedding favour’s on each place setting and other necessities required for the decoration of tables for wedding or event. £2.00 per guest extra cost.
Appendix 2: Damage waiver:
The hirer will be responsible for the damage to a marquee and other equipment on hire. This will be of great concern during winder months of November, December, January and February. The company has full public liability cover of £5 million. In is highly advised that the hirer takes on insurance for the marquee and it’s equipment through websites such as;http://www.money.co.uk/wedding-insurance/wedding-marquee-insurance.htm
Further, great care must be taken to make sure that the marquee hire and other products on hire are covered by this insurance cover. Other insurance websites:
We will not hold you responsible provided you can prove reasonable care has been taken to prevent damage or loss. Security of unattended equipment is the full responsibility of the hirer especially if the site is not the hirers land, we strongly advise that the hirer arranges security for the duration of the hire as losses will not be covered by the company insurance